Summer Day Camp
Very few environments are as special as summer camp. It’s a rare experience where kids and counselors become a community. Our counselors are vested in immersing campers in daily activities that encourage them to try new things while celebrating their talents and gifts. The YMCA is planning a summer filled with old favorites and new adventures. Whether your child comes for one week or the entire summer, we invite them to be a part of the YMCA’s safe, nurturing and inclusive summer camp.
Kids enrolled in summer day camp at the Fox Valley Family YMCA have the best that summer has to offer right at their fingertips. Campers will enjoy daily dips in our pool and use of our Aqua Track obstacle course, gymnasium, outdoor pavilion, and 17 acres of outdoor space. Each day is a new adventure, from practicing a talent show act with friends to cooling off with a ride down the giant slip-n-slide; the possibilities are endless!
Our summer day camp also offers enrichment programs in gymnastics, swim lessons and sports that will further enhance your child’s summer. Counselors will safely escort children to and from any programs they attend. These programs are discounted for Summer Campers.
WHAT IS DAY CAMP?
- Professional, energetic, caring staff. All counselors are certified in First Aid, CPR and AED and many have experience
- Full-day care from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm with USDA-approved lunch and two snacks daily.
- Dips in our indoor pool and use of our Aqua Track
- Indoor and outdoor basketball
- STEAM activities and arts & crafts projects
- Seventeen acres of outdoor space and a covered pavilion for gaga ball, dance parties, sandbox fun, soccer, tie-dyeing and NEW this year: nitro ball and four square!
- Visits to our gymnastics facility with gymnastics instructors
- Hikes on the dedicated Martin’s Nest summer camp trails adjacent to the Y
- Age-specific camp groups
- Emphasis on “no electronic” camp experience
- A 2nd camp location in Sandwich
- Express pickup through text message
- Dedicated Facebook Group for additional communication
- New, Sports Camp option for campers who love staying active while playing sports!
- Plus, YMCA Summer (min. of 8 weeks) children’s membership is included in camp rates!
WHAT IS SPORTS CAMP?
New this year, we’ve added a camp option called SPORTS CAMP – a camp within Summer Day Camp! Does your child love to stay active, participate in organized sports and enjoy being part of a team? Then sports camp is a great option for your day camper! Sports campers will get to experience all of the fun of day camp including swimming but with a portion of their day focused on learning and playing the sport of the week. Sports camp is led by staff from our Sports Department. Register for all 6 weeks of Sports Camp or pick and choose your favorites!
Soccer – June 13-17
Basketball – June 20-24
Football – June 27-July 1
Hockey – July 5-8
Whiffle Ball (Baseball) – July 11-15
All Sports – July 18-22
2022 CAMP PRICING
1-3 Days: $130/week
4-5 Days: $170/week
1-3 Days: $150/week
4-5 Days: $170/week
1-3 Days: $115/week
4-5 Days: $130/week
SUMMER CAMP SAFETY GUIDELINES
Summer Camp is here and the Y is ready! The safety of our campers and staff is our top priority and we take this responsibility very seriously. Our safety protocols and policies follow local county rules and incorporate the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Policies and procedures are subject to change prior to the start of camp as guidance evolves to fit the current situation.